The Vicarage Orchard or The Runaway Elephant

11 Replies, 13001 Views

We're considering re-naming our Sodor Railway collection and page due to conflict of titles with other established YouTube sites, repair companies, and other entities currently using a varied but the same all too similar name...
We're leaning towards either:
The Vicarage Orchard or The Runaway Elephant..
..or we'd love to hear any suggestions???
Thanks everybody!!Smile
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
Muddy Poppins and use the same Avatar as you have here.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Muddy, the most difficult part of owning a "railway" is naming it. My railway is still unnamed, but in time I will think of the perfect original name for my railway. Naming a railway takes time, so be patient and you will find the perfect name.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
Howdy @"Muddy Poppins"!

@"ROCKINATOR" is right! Naming a railway is tough-- It took me a good three months to come up with the Mid-American Railroad for the larger engines that can't essentially tread Sodor rails in real life. (It also gives my other engines a place to call home, so it kind of worked out very well!)

There's a lot of brainstorming that goes into naming a railway, but I know you'll figure something out!
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

[-] The following 1 user Likes HankAmericanEngine's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Personally muddy, I would try to make a name that relates to where you live in some sort of way. Like how hanks relates to his home country. And I might actually make my railway name to pay homage to the fallen railway (literally though a bridge collapsed, I can show pics) but all the same, the name is entirely up to YOU! So whatever name you want for your railway, don't let us keep you waiting.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like ROCKINATOR's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, MuddyPoppins
we are meant to name our collections?
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(03-28-2015, 03:56 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: we are meant to name our collections?

If makes you feel better my collection has no name!WinkBig Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
We don't have a name for a collection as I really don't count what we have as a collection. The layout however has a name that is evident with signage everywhere.... Caiden Town.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, MuddyPoppins
phew, thats good to know geri! its a load off my mind, haha.

super, how come you dont class yours as a collection?
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(03-28-2015, 07:07 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: super, how come you dont class yours as a collection?

I guess its the old definition game. For me these are just play things, a hobby to share with my Grandson in hopes that he will have fond memories of our times playing together when I am long gone. And for him to relive those memories in the future when he unpacks all this stuff that I will save for him in hopes that he can relive some of his youth when he has children of his own. After all we are all youngsters at heart. That is why we like playing with these. How I wish I would have saved some of my toys from when I was a boy. Not because they might be worth money but because they are worth the memories. I do have to say that my Grandson, who will turn 8 soon is not as much interested as he once was. Don't know how much longer he will last but I am still having fun with it and with everyone here so I will hold on to the layout as long as I still get some enjoyment. But I realize that soon, there will come the time to pack this all up for him and get into a some different interest to make memories with him. Oh my, you asked a simple question and I turned it into a novel.
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, HankAmericanEngine, MuddyPoppins