Trackmaster vs Tomy Arthur

7 Replies, 7523 Views

Has anyone seen a head to head review of the Tomy and Trackmaster versions of Arthur or have their own opinions? They look the same, do they also have the same motor and gearing? Is one better than the other?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I believe they are the same, I will check if I have both later to make sure
I had a Tomy Arthur once but it broke a long time ago. I now have a TrackMaster Arthur but he didn't have window stickers because it was a FP Arthur. They have the same shape of motor, the original Thomas motor, but the main thing is, that my Tomy Arthur had clearer lettering a and finer detail, while the FP Arthur had less detail.

^*Sorry, I have Hit Toys Arthur, also it runs very nicely.

Just checked.
More and more...Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2015, 10:18 PM by NWRMainLineTerminal.)
^^ Yes that seems to be the main difference with most locos, lack of details/decals and in the later days of FP bad quality plastic and poor quality control but the drive units sure did improve!
NWR, you say you have the Hit version, is that instead of the Tomy or the Trackmaster? I assume you are saying that the Tomy is the better one as far as detailing and stickers go!
HIT entertainment made the first incarnation of trackmaster. im not clear of the years, but HIT only held the license for 5 [?] years.

basically it goes:

tomy > hit trackmaster > fp trackmaster > fp trackmaster revolution
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
So there is a HiT version, a Trackmaster Version and a Tomy version, right? Hmmm, maybe I should just stick with acquiring the Tomy and not micro manage the differences....come on Super, stop it. Rolleyes Thanks all.
I think the Hit Toys TrackMaster only lasted from 2006-2009
More and more...Big Grin