Mister No's Pics & Vids

1088 Replies, 478895 Views

I love my original Plarail Seibu Red Arrow. Congratulations on picking up the Classic version for your collection Mr No. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, violater
[Image: OT-1.jpg]

OIGAWA TYPE C11 THOMAS
OIGAWA TYPE C56 JAMES

OIGAWA RAILWAY. -- The Ōigawa Railway (大井川鐵道, Ōigawa Tetsudō) is a railway company in Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan. The company is commonly known as Daitetsu (大鐵). The company belongs to the Meitetsu Group. The first section of its lines opened in 1927. The company operates preserved steam locomotives, and has "sister railway" agreements with Brienz Rothorn Bahn in Switzerland and Alishan Forest Railway in Taiwan. Because of its old-style rolling stock and the picturesque scenery, the Ōigawa Main Line is often used for shooting films or TV programs, especially those set in the pre-war period.

THOMAS & FRIENDS LOCOMOTIVES OF THE OIGAWA RAILWAY. -- One of the locomotives is actually a reproduction of Thomas the Tank Engine. Thomas the Tank Engine has enjoyed great popularity here since its launch in 2014. Not only are Thomas and James at the events, but so are Hiro, Percy, Rusty and Thomas’ other friends. Since 2016, Bertie the Bus and the Troublesome Trucks have joined the event as new characters. Thomas usually runs for a limited time in summer (mid-June to early October) and Christmas. 

PLARAIL MODELS. -- Takara Tomy made Plarail models of Oigawa Thomas and Oigawa James. The models are not just a variation of the regular Thomas and James models; new molds are used to make this nice and detailed exceptional little trains. Everything is painted and printed (except the front windows), no stickers are used. The coaches are also models of Oigawa Railway coaches, not Annie & Clarabel. 

[Image: OT-4.jpg]

[Image: OT-5.jpg]

[Image: OT-2.jpg]

[Image: OT-3.jpg]

[Image: OT-6.jpg]

[Image: OT-7.jpg]

How do you like Oigawa Railway T&F engines? Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super
I really like the Oigawa Railway versions of Thomas and James...even better than their typical versions but I always thought Thomas was modeled after a C-12 because i assumed that the C-11's had smoke deflectors and that is how they tell the C-12 and C-11's apart. I am always corrected on this as I guess Thomas was a C-11. Nice video Mr No.
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No
I'm really no expert, but yes, Oigawa Thomas is a C11.

[Image: IMG-20210104-203124.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210104-204350.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator
I recently bought an Oigawa Thomas, as good as new, in its box, that was described by the seller as "TS-01 Thomas and Carriages". It's always satisfying to snap up an offering like that.

The locomotive under the Thomas disguise is C11-227, and the coaches are OHa47.
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super, Tharazero1
Great grab, Chrisjo! Did you notice how precise is that Oigawa Thomas made? Even the back lamp is there, not just a sticker! I would love to see that on the "regular" Thomas...

(01-04-2021, 09:12 PM)chrisjo Wrote: The locomotive under the Thomas disguise is C11-227, and the coaches are OHa47.

I always like to hear a voice of a researcher! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Yes, the real Oigawa Thomas is said to be built with a C-11 but take a look at these original 'C' battery and remade 'AA' battery Plarail models...both eras show the C-11 with and the C-12 without smoke deflectors so you can see my confusion. Doesn't the 'AA' C-12 look like a twin to the Oigawa Thomas?

[Image: DSCN0880.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0883.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0885.jpg]
  • Mister No, Tharazero1
[Image: 75-1A.jpg]

[Image: 75-3.jpg]

[Image: 75-4.jpg]

[Image: 75-5.jpg]

[Image: 75-6.jpg]

[-] The following 4 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, Super
Thanks for the comparison photos, Chrisjo!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super