Everyone check your Powerful Gordon!!

46 Replies, 48517 Views

I just received this today...
I had to have it to compare to what I have...
It seems Tomy has re-issued a new 2014 Powerful Gordon model!!

Original on right

The reissue has a protrusion in the top of the cab, a black wire cover rather than white between Gordon and tender, and the TOMY logo has rounded stylized lettering.. Besides that there is no 2014 date on it( still stamped 2001)!!

Attached Files
.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 125.69 KB / Downloads: 175)
.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 174.46 KB / Downloads: 175)
.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 164.7 KB / Downloads: 175)
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015, 11:54 PM by Super.)
So did the new one come in a box?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(02-05-2015, 11:57 PM)Super Wrote: So did the new one come in a box?

No it didn't...no box!!
Very shady seller...
I had assumed since it was discribed as new that I'd get a box to examine, but it arrived in just a USPS box and bubble wrap...it is supposed to be more powerful than a standard Gordon...just makes me wonder why there is no corrected date stamped on the bottom w/ no real decernable difference without having the two side by side...
I've never seen it advertised either..
Bummer, Was a US seller?

Was it this one?

Quote: Powerful Gordon, the big blue number 4 engine is hard working and strong, and performs his express duties to the absolute best of his ability. He is also the fastest engine on the Island of Sodor. He is sometimes teased by other engines, particularly the smaller ones, and has been known to have a good-natured rivalry with fellow main line engines Henry the Green Engine and James the Red Engine. Nevertheless, he is also quick to forgive and sometimes gives advice and assistance to other engines. He also has a quick wit.

Despite his hard-working nature and his position among the engines, Gordon can be very arrogant, and has at times antagonized the other engines, particularly Edward, Thomas and Percy. But following misadventures where Edward had to help him, Gordon had to acknowledge that despite being old, Edward is still a very useful engine.

The Powerful Gordon was originally produced in 2001-2002 and was sold only in the Japanese market by Tomy Plarail, which makes it one of the rarest trains in the Thomas the Tank Engine toy line. In fact, only the Golden Thomas and the Thomas 60th Thomas Anniversary Metallic Edition trains are rarer. This Powerful Gordon clone has the same added weight as the 2001 version to balance the train and provide the needed traction to pull up to seven to eight coaches through tight S turns and swiftly down the long straight aways. There is also a more powerful Tamiya Dash motor installed, which pulls four coaches twice as fast as a standard train. This is truly a Powerful Gordon. An original Powerful Gordon just sold January 7, 2015 on eBay for $350.00.

Please see this train's performance at youtube Powerful Gordon Mike Arnett
(02-06-2015, 03:19 AM)Super Wrote: Bummer, Was a US seller?

Was it this one?

Quote: Powerful Gordon, the big blue number 4 engine is hard working and strong, and performs his express duties to the absolute best of his ability. He is also the fastest engine on the Island of Sodor. He is sometimes teased by other engines, particularly the smaller ones, and has been known to have a good-natured rivalry with fellow main line engines Henry the Green Engine and James the Red Engine. Nevertheless, he is also quick to forgive and sometimes gives advice and assistance to other engines. He also has a quick wit.

Despite his hard-working nature and his position among the engines, Gordon can be very arrogant, and has at times antagonized the other engines, particularly Edward, Thomas and Percy. But following misadventures where Edward had to help him, Gordon had to acknowledge that despite being old, Edward is still a very useful engine.

The Powerful Gordon was originally produced in 2001-2002 and was sold only in the Japanese market by Tomy Plarail, which makes it one of the rarest trains in the Thomas the Tank Engine toy line. In fact, only the Golden Thomas and the Thomas 60th Thomas Anniversary Metallic Edition trains are rarer. This Powerful Gordon clone has the same added weight as the 2001 version to balance the train and provide the needed traction to pull up to seven to eight coaches through tight S turns and swiftly down the long straight aways. There is also a more powerful Tamiya Dash motor installed, which pulls four coaches twice as fast as a standard train. This is truly a Powerful Gordon. An original Powerful Gordon just sold January 7, 2015 on eBay for $350.00.yup

Please see this train's performance at youtube Powerful Gordon Mike Arnett

Yep that's it!! Yes Arizona
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2015, 03:50 AM by MuddyPoppins.)
Sunhuntin and I were watching that one but the 1 feedback put us both off, something didn't seem right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Well in reading his description he calls it a clone and that he has replaced the motor with a Tamiya Dash and added weights. After reading your thoughts about it being a new release, my guess is he has taken regular Gordon trains and changed the face out. He could have access to a mold shop and has made the faces. He also has another one listed with the same price and pictures and YouTube video. Of course I have no proof of any of this as its just my guess. If he sells another one and then relists a new one I think we can surmise some deception here. He also makes mention of how much and Original Powerful went for recently somewhat eluding to his not being original.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
definitely a fake made from a regular Gordon I would return it, you paid alot for a custom someone made.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
How can this listing even be called new? Ebay says criteria for new is..."New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item" How can something that has the motor replaced and weights added be called new. That in and of itself would be all you need to get your money back through Ebays guarantee as it is not New as described and Ebays definition of new.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, MuddyPoppins
(02-06-2015, 04:29 AM)Gerisplarail1 Wrote: definitely a fake made from a regular Gordon I would return it, you paid alot for a custom someone made.

Very interesting...quite an elaborate way to make $125.00...
What's next counterfeit Pokemon cards??
...or worse Gold Thomas?? I mean really if someone would go to such trouble to make copies of Powerful Gordon why wouldn't he!?! Just bizarre!!